Thursday, April 28, 2011

Keyword Density Formula


What is Keyword Density:

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page.

Keyword Density Formula







For example, 

If your article has 500 words and your keyword is “SEO Guide”

- Total keyword Count: 500
- SEO Guide keyword uses: 12 (Just search your keyword in your article and count it)

Keyword density for “SEO Guide” = (12*100)/500
Keyword density for “SEO Guide” on the page is 2.4%

I prefer 2-3% keyword density for my pages.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sachin, good one stuff. So far, I have been using firefox addon and other online tool to check Keyword density. What is your "point of view" about online tools? Does it show exact result? What is your opinion, does really important keyword density now days? In my opinion if we consider much about keyword density content lose the taste.

Good one keep writing.

My Blog: Blog Rides

* * * said...

Hi Atul, I always prefer manual check, as online results are not giving exact idea.. I check Keyword density for repeated keywords.

AuroIN LLC said...

Hello Friends,
Thanks for sharing this post. Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or keyword phrase is appears on the webpage. It is very important factor in SEO. Thanks a lot...
SEO company New York